Falling In Love With An Aussie partner visa

Falling In Love With An Aussie partner visa: The notion of leaving it all to go travelling, young free and single is something that many of us experience in our lives, but a major port of call for those upping sticks for a carefree life is often Australia. Australia is considered an attractive option for those looking to change their life and with the promise of good weather and it being an English speaking nation – so why wouldn’t you want to move to Australia?

Aside from the good weather and the fact you can get by with English, Australia also offers fantastic job opportunities, making it an attractive destination for migrants. However if you’ve chosen to dip your toes in the water first with a working holiday visa and no baggage – it’s highly likely that you may fall under the charms of a native Aussie. Your relationship may start off romantic and filled with sunset walks on the beach and splashing around in the ocean together. However, when the impending doom of your visa coming to an end hits you, it’s time to make some decisions.

When You Should Apply For A Partner Visa

When this dreaded moment in any international relationship comes crashing down there are a few questions you have to ask yourself. 1) Do I want to stay in Australia for the foreseeable future? 2) Do I want to stay with this person for the foreseeable future? 3) Can I be bothered to go through the rigmarole of applying for a Partner Visa for Australia? And the answer to all of those questions are if you’ve fallen for a native Aussie as hard as you’ve fallen for Australia, then yes, you will need to go through the rather unromantic process of applying for a Partner Visa for Australia.

Depending on what stage your relationship is at and whether you’ve gone through the whole, “I’ll do one or two years in your country and you do one of two in mine”, the Australian Immigration Authorities will need to see that this is a genuine relationship. So proof of living together, joint bank statements, holiday photos etc. are all important to prove the relationship is genuine.
Types Of Partner Visas For Australia

When it comes to applying for a Partner Visa for Australia, you’ll also need to be aware that there are various different types of partner visa that may apply to you including:

  • Partner visa (subclass 820)
  • Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309)
  • The partner visa (subclass 801)

Costs of Visas For Australia

Applying for a partner visa for Australia can be a long and costly process, so using the services of a registered migration agent is probably your best route to securing a visa to live and work in Australia. You can use the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s visa calculator here to find out what kind of costs you may incur when applying for your visa. Or simply contact an Australian Migration expert to find out which type of partner visa applies to you and how they can assist on helping your visa application be successful so you can continue to live loving an Australian as well as Australia!

To find out more about applying for a Partner Visa for Australia contact one of our migration agents today at info@freedommigration.com.au

Leave a Comment