Australia is now going to provide 5 more points to students in the nation’s institutions, making a very essential change in the points test for Australia’s Skilled Migration Program.
The 5 additional points are going to be made available for students who have qualifications in the doctorate-level and masters by research in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and fields in information and communications technology (ICT).
The 5 additional points is a part of the visa changes that have been brought under the National Innovation and Science Agenda (NISA) so that the ”best and the brightest” skilled workers all over the world will continue to be attracted to look for jobs in Australia.
Australia’s Points Test for Skilled Migration: The New Entrepreneur visa is now available
Applications are also now being accepted for the new Entrepreneur Visa under the Business Innovation and Investment Programme.
This new type of visa is going to let entrepreneurs with at least a financial funding of $200,000 from specified 3rd party sources, to expand and sell their brilliant innovativeness in Australia. The new Entrepreneur visa will also create a pathway for international workers to be granted permanent residency in the country.
For an applicant to be eligible for this new type of visa, he or she must:
- receive the nomination from a state or a territory government
- be under 55 years of age
- be competent when it comes to speaking in English
- have a financial agreement of at least $200,000 so the entrepreneur can grow his or her innovative idea in the country
- have the capability to hold at least 30 per cent interest in that business venture
Applicants may obtain funding from any of the aforementioned sources, including:
- Publicly funded research organisations
- State and territory governments
- Commonwealth agencies
- Registered investors listed as venture capital limited partnerships or early stage venture capital limited partnerships, or any combination thereof.