Basic visa requirements for Australia are:
- Applicant’s English language must be to a very high standard
- An applicant must also have qualification and work experience that are mandatory by the skilled list. In addition, an applicant need to be health and will be examined by health care professional. And this aims to ensure that health care costs do not become a burden to the Australian health care System
- Character is an important requirements. Therefore, police clearance is necessary. A criminal record is not always a problem. A conviction for a minor drug offence when a teenager will be scrutinized but may not be an impediment to getting a visa to Australia.
- It will be necessary to sign an Australian values statement. And as such, you will respect the lays of Australia and its values.
If you have a job offer from an employer then you may be able to get a temporary or permanent residency visa
The most common temporary visa is the Temporary work (skilled) visa. Employers utilize this to sponsor employees for a four-year visa.
Another option is the Employer Nominated Scheme visa. This is for people who have a skill that cannot be found in Australia. This is a permanent visa.
Which visa do you apply for when you do not have a job offer?
The Skill Select scheme may provide a path way to living and working in Australia. There are three things you need to have:
- The applicant must have professionally recognized qualification
- It is also necessary to pass an English test (unless they come from a English speaking country like Ireland or Great Britain)
- All the applicants personal data must be entered on the SkillSelect database.
The requirements for applying for a visa in Australia change over time. Therefore, it’s important to keep up with the latest requirements. The entry remain on the database for 2 years, and it is accessible to the Australian government and Australian Employers.
Visa requirements for Australia: Working holiday visa (417)
This visa allows young people from eligible countries to work and stay in Australia for up to 12 months.
Applicants must be 18 or over and under 31 years old.
They must not have dependants accompanying them.
The applicant must have a passport from an eligible country.
Electronic processing of visa applications is available.
There is a scheme whereby visa holder can extend their stay by 12 months by working for three months in farms in rural Australia. It is also necessary to have you work properly documented and you should have payslips to prove you have indeed done the appropriate farm work. Also, remember that the holders of a 417 visa can only work for 6 months in one place of employment.